Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Good Gifts

God gives good gifts to his kids~ I've always read that ... you know, that He won't give you a stone if you ask for a loaf of bread or a snake if you ask for fish... Well I asked for a place to live~ didn't get too specific, but what I *envisioned* was this:  renting part of someone's home, maybe an elderly person or something; must have a kitchen; near Elijah's work; nature/outdoors would be a bonus...

We didn't know where to find such a place. From Hawaii I scoured the internet ... the closest I got was $850/month in a crummy part of town surrounded by parking lots.

But then God provided this:  A mostly furnished walk-out basement, part of an older couple's home, near Elijah's work, with a kitchen, and a beautiful view of trees, turkeys, deer & the MN River.   Here is God's gift to us:











3 comments:

  1. I loved your photo story about your home! We are happy for you guys!!! and We miss you too, hope one day we can stop by to visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo essay! I love how you put the last one in b&w, kinda plays up the geometry of the dishes in the sink. It also reminds me of a plaque that my Grandma Clausen (Grandma Parker's mom) had in her kitchen, which went something like this: Thank God for dirty dishes, they show that we've had plenty of good things to eat and somebody to share them with. (I don't really remember how the second part went, but I know the first part is right.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new place is seriously sweet-so glad God answered all the little details that end up meaning a lot! Welcome back to MN!

    ReplyDelete