Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I just want to remember all the little things... which are really, the big things~


M-guy is 14.5 months old.  This is such a precious age.  His favorite person in the world right now is "Mama" closely followed by "Dada."  This morning I left to attend MOPS--Mothers of Preschoolers (or in my case, MOBS--Mother of Baby) :)  Elijah told me that every other second, M-guy was looking out the window, asking "Mama?  Mama?"  At one point, he laid down on my fluffy, white winter jacket, stroking it and saying my name lovingly... (Tear at my heart strings! How's a girl supposed to EVER leave home when she hears something like that!?)   When I finally did pull into the garage 4 hours later, I have never seen such a look of pure joy & love as I saw on M's face... He almost looked as if he was wildly cheering or laughing--or both at once.  At first I wondered what wonderful thing Elijah had said or done to make him so happy... Then it hit me-- I was what was making him so happy.  What a profound realization of being so very loved.

M also has a very special place in his heart for "Dada."  Elijah left for a work meeting for the entire afternoon, and M kept asking for him.  We went on a walk outside (gorgeous spring-like day, finally!) and every little noise he heard from other houses made him question if it was Elijah, "Dada?"  Then he'd head towards the noise-- as if the ONLY person in the whole world that it could be was his very special father :)

M frequently comes to me during the day for a hug or cuddle time or to be picked up and held.  I do not mind at all!  :)   I am so thankful that God gave me such an outgoing, vibrant, joyful, cuddly & loving little boy.  Our home is filled with his laughter and noises~ how quiet it was before he came into our lives!

These times I hold close to my heart.  I don't want to forget the sweetness, the joy, the love~

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment