Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jehovah Jireh--God Provides


I remember singing this song in church as a child, totally oblivious to what the words meant. I just liked the rhythm of the tune.  It went like this:


Jehovah Jireh 
My provider 
His grace is sufficient 
For me, for me, for me 
Jehovah Jireh 
My provider 
His grace is sufficient for me

My God shall supply all my needs 
According to his riches in glory 
He will give His angels 
Charge over me 
Jehovah Jireh cares 
For me, for me, for me 
Jehovah Jireh cares for me



So it's one thing to sing the words as a child when everything you need is provided daily for you by your parents. I was blessed to have this reality as my life.  But it's another thing when you're an adult. On your own. With baby bills (and the baby isn't even here yet).  And other random expenses.  Today we got a bill in the mail~ more than expected.  I started crying because I'm pregnant and emotional.  But Elijah pointed out that in the last 2 days we unexpectedly made just over that amount in random photography jobs we've done.  

So yeah.  Jehovah Jireh.  He means it.  His character cannot change.  God takes care of His children.  And the birds (Matthew 6:26).  Sometimes in unexpected ways.  But may I have the eyes to see when He is taking care of us.  No more crying little bird. God provides. 

2 comments:

  1. "Baby pills". That made me laugh.
    Doesn't it suck to learn to trust by sheer necessity? It's the only way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, thanks for sharing your heart! And I totally understand that feeling of overwhelming responsibility with adulthood. Glad Elijah was there to help you see God's provision in a moment of uncertainty. Praying God will richly provide for every need in the coming months and you will learn more about his Fatherly/Motherly love toward you:)

    ReplyDelete